Trakehner forum at Trakehner Treffpunkt - Trakehner Meeting Place   Trakehner Treffpunkt

eventing/jumping bloodlines

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:55:34 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Visit the Trakehner Classifieds at Trakehner Treffpunkt Support Trakehner forums when you shop!--click to learn how Support Trakehner forums by making a donation Return to Trakehner Treffpunkt home
Trakehner Treffpunkt - Trakehner Meeting Place  |  Trakehner Breeding & Bloodlines  |  Bloodline Info  |  Topic: eventing/jumping bloodlines 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: eventing/jumping bloodlines  (Read 985 times)
SteveSamples
FEI

I love Trakehners!

View Profile WWW
eventing/jumping bloodlines
« on: December 01, 2004, 02:20:55 PM »

I'm a neophyte to this forum. I am interested in the eventing or hunter disciplines (I know, big difference) & have a young ArabTrakehner filly that in the future I'd like to breed. Can anyone advise me regarding important bloodlines in these disciplines for such a cross. I'm especially interested in a higher percentage of TB blood.
Thanks.
fuzzy

Email
Re:eventing/jumping bloodlines
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 07:07:17 PM »

With your filly being part Arab, I wouldn't think you'd "need" the TB blood unless you want to add height, and the TB may or may not help.   It just depends on the individual stallion.  And TB blood really won't give you much (if any) greater speed, agility, or endurance that what your filly probably already has.  Curious, what's you mare's breeding (both sides)?   That info can go a long ways towards folks giving you the suggestions you're looking for.  
SteveSamples
FEI

I love Trakehners!

View Profile WWW
Re:eventing/jumping bloodlines
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 08:01:35 PM »

I LOVE THIS FORUM. Last night when I discovered this site it reminded me of my delight in finding the ATA approved stallion site for the first time, or the Del Mar pedigree site.
Anyway, my filly is by Serenity Ibcar, an Egyptian sporthorse of the Khofo/Morafic line (I'm learning Arab pedigrees too) & out of Inheritance, a TK daughter of Boraks (Polish National Stud 1/2 TB of the Tourbillon tail male). Boraks' mother is linebred Hirtensang.
Inheritance is a 1/2 sister to Ibsen, being out of Isadora by Hemmingway/Flaneur (bringing another cross to Hirtensang through Altan). Isadora is out of a Donauwind daughter out of a Loretto/Pindar daughter out of a Totilas daughter. The  mare family Ilonka #140, a double moose antler branded mare. I hope this isn't too confusing. I'm such a pedigree geek.
Pages: 1 Print 
Trakehner Treffpunkt - Trakehner Meeting Place  |  Trakehner Breeding & Bloodlines  |  Bloodline Info  |  Topic: eventing/jumping bloodlines « previous next »
Jump to:  
Sponsored by Tannenwald Trakehner

Equinnovation equine marketing
Maintained by Equinnovation Equine Marketing
Shop with our sponsors - support our online Trakehner community!
Suggest this site to a friend: